2023 Research and Study
- Reports of research groups
- publication date:2023/06/08
5.30 The 1st Workshop on “The Role of Japan’s Diplomacy in the Middle East/Eurasia”
The first workshop of the project “The Role of Japan’s Diplomacy in the Middle East/Eurasia: Understanding the Reality of Great Power-led Connectivity Strategies and Regional Order Restructuring in an Era of Competition among Nations” was held as outlined below.
1. Outline of the First Workshop
Date & Time: at 14:00 – 15:30 on Tuesday May 30, 2023
Venue: Middle East Institute of Japan (MEIJ)
Participants: Ryohei Kasai (Gifu Women’s University), Mizuki Chuman (Japan Association for Trade with Russia & NIS (ROTOBO)), Hisae Nakanishi (Doshisha University), Masaki Mizobuchi (Hiroshima University), Emi Mifune (Komazawa University)
MEIJ: Kiyoshi Asako (Vice President), Mayu Kaneko (Secretary General/Senior Research Fellow), Kenichiro Takao (Executive Research Fellow), Masahide Takahashi (Senior Research Fellow), Kenta Aoki (Executive Research Fellow)
- Mr. Aoki explained the purpose of the research project, and discussed the future schedule, how to proceed, and the division of roles.
- Mr. Aoki explained the issues regarding the transformation of the regional order in Middle East/Eurasia, and discussed the issues with each member of the committee.
*The results of this project will be published from time to time on the website of MEIJ, in various media and events of MEIJ, at symposiums, and in the final report.